Internet is a network of computer networks with other computer network which covering a very wide around the world. Internet is very useful for us to communicate and exchange information, files, data, voice, pictures, etc. between peoples around the world. Website is also known as a web page which is a file containing combination of text and code "markup". If the document viewed in a web browser, it shows a web page, but when viewed in a text editor such as Notepad it only displays text and code "markup".Before you start to make your company website or personal website, you need to decide in advance the necessary in formation you publish on the Internet. Planning can help you to plan and make your web site.
Personal WebsiteMost of the websites on the Internet is a personal website made by an individual. Personal website allows you to share information with friends, family members and others. Here are some of the information typically found on personal websites.
- Personal Background
- Personal Information Photo Gallery
- Links to other websites
Business WebsiteMore companies realize the potential of the Internet and they want to publish their web sites on the Internet because the Internet is a powerful marketing tool. Through the Internet they can sell products and services and also to advertise their companies to the world wide via Internet services. Here are some fo the information typically found on the business websites.
- Company Background
- Our Mission
- Vision Statement
- Contact Information
The tool you need to write your HTML text is Notepad or Pspad or any text editor you have.
Once you have these tools, you can start to learn to make a web site.
- Create an HTML file
An HTML file is a text file that is stored in the. Html or. Htm.
- Open editor on your computer (if you use Windows Notepad or TextEdit if you use a Mac). You can also use a special HTML editor like Dreamweaver or FrontPage if you wish.
- Create a new file
- Save the file as (your file name).Html example: demo.html
- Create HTML Code
Here is an example of a simple HTML code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">Click To View DEMO
<p>Welcome to my WEBSITE</p>
- See Results In Your Web Browser
Whether you are directed to your HTML file, then double click on it OR
Open a web browser on your computer such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explore, etc.. Choose File> Open, then click "Browse". A dialog box will appear to encourage you to navigate to the file. Refer to your HTML file, then select "Open".
Explanation for Important HTML Tags
- <!DOCTYPE ...> This element is to tell the browser the HTML version of the document used.
- <html> considered as a platform for all other tags can be in it except the DOCTYPE tag!.
- <title> displayed in the browser title bar (located at the top of the browser).
- <body> is the key to your content. This is where most of your code is or visits.
- <p> is the paragraph of the text on your web site.
Closing Your Tags
As mentioned in previous lessons, you can see the opening tag and closing tag, content tag will be placed in between them. However there are some exceptions to this rule.Closing tag a little different with the opening tag. Closing tag contains a line (/) after the sign <. This tells the browser that this tag has been closed.
UPPERCASE or lowercase?Although most browsers will display your site, regardless of case you missed, you should always ensure that your HTML code in lowercase. This helps you out of trouble for the future of XML code.
To insert an image into a website, you should use <img src> tag, to determine the exact location of the file.Example of HTML Code
<img src="../images/sabah flag.png" width="250" height="150" alt="Sabah" />
Some attributes that can be used in the img tag is:
- src, this attribute is used to find the true position of the image is located. This can prevent you from having problems viewing the image as follows:
- width, used to determine the width of the image display.
- height, used to determine the height-image display.
- alt, Alternative text is used to display the image if the case can not display the image in your browser.
<th> Member ID</th>
<td rowspan=2>Ms. </td>
Basic attributes that can be used in the table tag are:
- <th></th>, expand and bold as the head table.
- <tr></tr>, used as a row in the table.
- <td></td>, a box for each text in the table.
- border=" ", determine the thickness of table borders.
- width=" ", to determine the table width in pixels.
- height=" ", determine the table height in pixels.
- bgcolor=" ", determine the table color.
Want to create a Blog?
Blogs are increasingly popular in conjunction with other social networks. Blogs also have a huge influence on mass media and other Internet users around the world. Some people make the blog as their homepage. More and more companies are encouraged to make their business through a blog that is easy to identity, advertising and booking.Currently, there are dozens of services that offer to make your blog more easily and free. Such as blogspot, wordpress, blogger, Vox and etc. Through a search engine as you can find too many types of blogs that have been loaded such as a political blog, health and beauty blog, religion blog, education blog and etc.
How to Blog?You can create a blog with easy to use software services such as wordpress. You can download this software free of charge via the Internet. You now have a basic knowledge of html, so this can help you to understand the software easily.
The difference between a blog with your website is, blogs more to social network which allows you to interact with other users around the world via the same Internet network. Some features that must appear on your blog is:
- You are easy to update your post with the new version.
- Your blog visitors can send comments on your blog.
- Blogs are easy to change themes, add a link, activate the plugin and add categories.
- Automatic post.
- Blogs can be a sales or personal websites.