Select from the topic-specific questions to find the answers to your question. For further assistance on using our Sabah.Net account services, please e-mail our Customer Support or call our Hotline at (088) 234101.
Sabah.Net users will have exclusive access to specific Intranet applications and contents. Here are just a few of the services you can expect in the future:-
- Bulletin Board System, where you can search for or post job opportunities, current events in Sabah, announcements and more
- E-fora, where you can have discussions on-line on your own pace anywhere, anytime, with anyone in the whole world, as long as you have Internet access
- On-line Faxing, with fees equal to a local call when you fax anywhere in Sabah
- Government and commercial on-line tendering system
- Education applications, where you can book a place in primary/secondary/higher learning schools for yourself or your child, get tutoring on-line, reserve and search books in Sabah State Library, or check your PMR/SPM results on-line
- Electronic commerce applications, where you can make electronic fund transfers, on-line insurance claim, on-line reservations to hotels and travel agencies, bidding services
- and the list goes on...
For organisations and companies wishing to host their applications in Sabah.Net, these are a few of the benefits:-
- Enterprise Networking : Companies and organisations can establish secured enterprise-wide network on Sabah.Net
- Intranet Applications and Contents : Companies and organisations can develop their own Intranet applications and contents and make them instantly accessible to targeted users via the security of the Sabah.Net infrastructure.
- Internet Applications and Contents : Companies and organisation can also host their Internet applications and contents in the Sabah.Net Internet Servers Farm, eliminating the need to invest in equipment and infrastructure facilities.
You will know your mail quota has been exceeded when you receive a message with the subject "Warning -- QUOTA EXCEEDED". If you stop receiving this message the next time you download/check mail, it means your quota has been cleared and you do not have to do anythingelse. If you continue to receive this message every time you check mail, you need to clear your mail quota. Firstly, make sure that you do not leave a copy of your messages on the server after retrieval. To disable this function, do the following:
- In Netscape Messenger, click on Edit menu -> Preferences -> Mail & Newsgroups -> Mail Servers -> click Edit button -> go to POP tab -> untick (leave the box empty) for "Leave messages on server" -> click OK until you get back to your Inbox.
- In Outlook, click on Tools menu -> Accounts -> go to Mail tab -> double-click on your mail account (which has exceeded quota) -> go to Advanced tab -> in Delivery section, untick (leave the box empty) for "Leave a copy of messages on server" -> click OK -> click Close.
- Now download/check your mail again. You should not receive the "Warning -- QUOTA EXCEEDED" message anymore. This means your mail quota has been cleared.